Windshield frame, oil pressure relief value, etc

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield frame, oil pressure relief value, etc
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:12:34 -0400
Greeting Listers,

First let me issue a big thanks to all who have replied to my last few
posts! You comments and ideas have been very useful.

Today's questions:

1) Is there a good way to clean/polish the frame around the windshield?

2) I've ordered the parts to replace the oil pressure relief value but the
"packing" item was not available. Do I need it? What does It do? Can I use
the old one?

3) Brake pressure failure warning light... I have a rebuild kit but don't
know what to do with it. The kit is a series of o-rings, anyone done this?
No instruction were provided.

4) Fuel filter. The '68 has no fuel filter and I would like to add one. Any
suggestions as to the best location? I have ordered ALL the rubber fuel
lines and will be replacing them this weekend and would love to get the
filter in at the same time. I would like to place it in the engine bay, is
this safe? I would prefer NOT to cut a hard line.

Frank Phillips
1968 MGB
Email: fwp@ufl.edu