Re: Windshield frame, oil pressure relief value, etc

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield frame, oil pressure relief value, etc
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:41:11 -0700
Phillips, Frank had this to say:

>Today's questions:
>
>1) Is there a good way to clean/polish the frame around the windshield?

As it is aluminum, any metal polish safe for aluminum would be OK. I
wouldn't try steel wool unless it has big scratches and you are up for a
long buffing process.

>2)
>3)

>4) Fuel filter. The '68 has no fuel filter and I would like to add one. Any
>suggestions as to the best location? I have ordered ALL the rubber fuel
>lines and will be replacing them this weekend and would love to get the
>filter in at the same time. I would like to place it in the engine bay, is
>this safe? I would prefer NOT to cut a hard line.

I located mine between the metal pipe running from passenger side to
driver side behind the engine, and the rear carb. The only problem here
is that it is a tight angle and the rubber line tends to kink. I solved
that by using a fuel filter with a built-in right angle (feeds from the
end, exits out the side). I found it by just looking through the blister
packs at the parts store. It was a Fram, and I believe it fit a Toyota,
so the flow rate seemed like it would be adequate (as opposed to a lawn
mower filter). You just need to make sure the nipples are the right size
for the fuel line.

Hope this helps.

--

Max Heim