Re: Fluid for Lever Shocks

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Fluid for Lever Shocks
From: Doug_Cameron@icoc.org
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:43:32 -0400
Great, Peter. Thanks - yes, it is a 73 B, front shocks. Sorry for the lapse
of sense there!

                    "Peter C."

                    <nosimport@ma        To:     Doug_Cameron@icoc.org,
mgs@autox.team.net
                    ilbag.com>           cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Fluid for Lever
Shocks
                    06/14/2000

                    02:13 PM

Doug,
         Use a 20wt hydraulic jack oil, available in most hardware stores
by the gallon...cheap.
         The shock typically pictured in parts catalogs is a very early
style, more reminiscent of Healeys and MGAs. You are correct, the filler is
that small plug on the side of the "turret" (air chamber). Use an oil can
to fill.
         I assumed you were referring to an MGB and to the front shocks. If
not an MGB and not the front, the principles hold, the location changes.
         Please tell us the car in the future.
         Thanks  Peter C.