Handy Hint

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Handy Hint
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:26:08 +0100
Hi ,Folks.

Just in the middle of doing a full front suspension rebuild on Rex, the '72
GT. I came across a useful thing which has been mentioned recently but can
be taken further than was suggested.

The business of getting the top link of the kingpin to go into the A-arm of
the shck absorber can be very difficult. One lister mentioned that you can
loosen the bolt holding one side of the A-arm (the other side is fixed), to
make spreading the end of the arm easier.

I discovered that, if you remove this bolt, you can take the whole side of
the arm off. So, you can assemble the thicker end of the top pin into the
eye of the A-arm, then put the other side back on, which is much easier than
trying to spead the arm assembly in situ.

The arm can only go back on one way (sort of) but the next bolt in makes the
whole affair self-aligning and nipping up the pinch bolt on the shock is
quite easy.

Cheers,

Dave H.

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html