Loose Distributor - help

To: "'members@batans.ns.ca'" <members@batans.ns.ca>,
Subject: Loose Distributor - help
From: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:03:43 -0300
Yesterday my MGB GT was working terribly.  I figured that the timing must
have changed and probably due to the distributor not been tightened enough.
After work I tried turning the distributor by hand it moved, so I tightened
the clamp bolt all the way and it still moves very freely.  I drove to my
wife's office and left it there for the night.  This morning it would barely
start and the distributor's vacuum is pointing towards the firewall!  So I
dig out the electrical tape and tape the vacuum upwards to the water valve
to hold it in, I hope, a BTDC position and am able to start it and drive it
a mile to my office.  But I need the list's help.  What can I do to the
clamp to get it to clamp the distributor tighter?  Any tricks for easily
unbolting the clamping plate?

Mark
73 MGB GT