Re: Renting a garage

To: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Renting a garage
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:54:56 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/00 3:07:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no writes:

<< I am at the moment renting a garage, where I am not allowed to do any
 car-repair. It is VERY close to where I live, a 3 minutes walk. And it is
 cheap. Price is 1800 Norwegian kroner / year ( around 135 £ )
 I got a hint, and called a company, who has garage where it is possible to
 do some work ( no oil spill, no spray-paining and no welding). Price is
 7293(?) Nkr / year ( around 565 £ )

 I can do some work at my friends driveway, but I cannot leave the car there
 for days. Overnight is OK.

 The pricedifference is 5400 Nkr ( around 430 £), I can get al ot of
 proffesional help for that .

 I am tempted to stay where I am, and wait for someting cheaper But on the
 other hand, in the other garage I will meet other old-car owners. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jon,

Hang around at the garage where you can work on the car, and get to know some
of the other people there.  If you like them, and they like you, it would
probably be worth the move and extra expense.  (Especially if they have
expensive tools you can borrow.)  If they are not nice and hate British cars,
stay where you are.

Abby...er...Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget