Re: MG at LeMans in 2001?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG at LeMans in 2001?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:00:45 -0400
I guess no one read my message a few days ago, when I posted the URL for
information on the Rover/Lola team-up... I think Ed was the only one who
read it ;-)

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/history/00-06-13.htm

A 250mph MG for production.... is that really an MG though?

BTW, if any of you have seen the Rover press release photos of the 75
Estate; well all I can say is wow does it look good!  Sure Audi/BMW/Mercedes
wagon beater in that package!  (coming summer of 2001)

As for LeMans this year, I'll just say that the racing aspects of it were
VERY boring.  Last year, it was much more competitive.  However, I very much
enjoyed viewing the Audi "rear swaps"... 3m50s to change the rear
suspension, gearbox, and surrounding structure!  A bit over 5m the second
time on another Audi car.

And how about the Porsche 911 towards the end, who did a full lap with most
of his body hanging out of an open driver's side door when his bonnet flew
up and blocked his view?  (a lesson to all of you MGB racers, who've had
your bonnet fly open at speed... just keep driving!)

Ah well, I suppose I better catch some sleep before the Canadian GP in two
hours.

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kmr@pil.net
1966 MGB -- 1974 Triumph TR-6