RE: MGA chassis number

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: RE: MGA chassis number
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:57:36 -0400
I think I will send away for a build certificate, this should clear up any
issues with the serial number and engine. I looked for a MGA for a  long
time but did not check the VIN when I purchased this one. At least it's a
1500 engine and the car is not rusty and worth restoring. I did not see any
numbers on the frame, but will keep looking as I have all the carpeting,
floor  and seats out already. My body number is 60017 which is higher than
your 58's 47302 number. Underneath a wood dash it's black, I would imagine
this was the original color
http://www.driveableclassics.com/images/Mvc-1672s.jpg . Thanks for all the
information.

Thanks again Barney,