Re: Bent Tailshaft

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bent Tailshaft
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:35:57 +0000
Barney Gaylord wrote:
> >Grrrrrrrrrrr
> >
> >When does it ever stop!?
>
> Just like a restoration job,
> it stops when you become the DPO.

Thanks for the encouragement Barney :-)  Remind me not to let you talk
to my bank manager or my accountant!

Speaking of bent tailshafts, it has been suggested that instead of
trying to hunt down a straight second-hand tailshaft (which, it seems,
are as rare as cool-running Stags), I should get a new one made for me.

Let's face it, a tailshaft/driveshaft have no particular magical
properties except those of doing the Uri Geller spoon trick.  A couple
of appropriate fittings on an appropriate section of metal and there you
go.

Today I compared my tailshaft with one off a Magnette and one from a
Rover... was there a weight consideration in making the MG shaft so
flimsy in comparison?

I have calmed down now... thanks :-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII