Re: Passing of American mechanics

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Passing of American mechanics
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:11:45 -0400
I just had a refreshing conversation with my mechanic, about some service
that he needs to do on my '90 Toyota Camry.  He was actually lamenting the
ease and simplicity of "that little red car" that I drive (meaning the
Midget).  New struts for the Camry run about $700 for a set of four.  Timing
belt replacement is a couple of hundred bucks too.  This fellow said that
its too bad that its a belt, and not a chain.

And for those of you who care, today is the 45th anniversary of the passage
of the Federal Air Pollution Control Act, which led to the implementation of
Positive Crankcase Ventilation.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget