Re: Car Preservation (was The passing of american mechanics )

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Preservation (was The passing of american mechanics )
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:31:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/07/00 7:22:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Ajhsys writes:

> BTW, Bill, this is not an attack on you or your attitude.  It is my opinion
> and I'm stuck with it!

I appreciate that, and my post probably overstates my feelings - we probably
aren't that far apart philosophically. I agree that it would be nice for
future generations to have the chance to appreciate the cars - a couple of my
degrees are in history, and I do have a strong sense of things historical. I
just rank my own use and enjoyment of the cars higher than some prospective
future benefit to others that would impare my ability to use them to the
full. I am sure that many people incline in the other direction - enough, I'm
sure, to preserve both the cars and the enthusiasm for their kids and others.

Bill
(I'll remember to foster that Klingon attitude in my next race - maybe
growling at the opposition will slow em down!)