Re: New blood

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New blood
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:31:50 -0500
At 7:24 PM -0500 7/6/00, Barney Gaylord wrote:
>At 01:20 PM 7/6/2000 -0700, Walt Goddard wrote:
>>.... Everyone has to start somewhere and encouraging interest in a
>specific area helps them make their mind up and just may create a younger
>Barney Gaylord, ....
>
>Hey, I already have one of those.  He is called Elliot.  Whenever we go
>anywhere I can ask "Which car should we take?", and he nearly always
>answers "Take the MG".  At 10 years old he's still not much into wrenching,
>but he will help out in a pinch.  On the flip side he's already mean on go
>carts, loves to rally, and will be standing very close by with a helmet in
>hand looking for an empty seat whenever we have fun runs after an
>autocross.  Several weeks ago he was the rallymaster for a TSD rally and
>did a pretty decent job of it.  He absolutely loved the day of hot footed
>MGA cruising about the backroads in upper Michigan chasing the ATW rally
>cars for pictures in the dust and mud.  He also prefers to run the
>backroads anywhere when cruising, the more remote the better.  And he's
>already a bonafide member of two car clubs and never misses a meeting.  I'm
>pretty sure he will be wanting one of these "big go carts" when old enough
>to drive.
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA with an attitude (and seldom an empty seat)
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

Couldn't agree more.  My son and I have a common love for LBCs, and a
joy of working in the garage. We are currently working on a Midget
for him. He wanted to wait until he thought he was ready for an LBC,
and now gave me a simple proposition- I want to use your garage and
your tools. But I want to do it myself. I want you there to stop me
if I am going to ruin it, or if I ask you, but otherwise, I want you
to sit there, watch and keep the garage fridge full.

I intend to begin the process again with my new grandson. Any one
know where I can get an MG pedal car?

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/