Re: Abingdon 2000

To: Mowog1@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Abingdon 2000
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 18:03:37 -0500
At 04:32 PM 7/8/2000 EDT, Mowog1@aol.com wrote:

>Whom amongst you are planning on attending Abingdon 2000 in Abingdon,
Illinois, USA the third weekend of August?!

Well I reckon I'll be there, as I have once again been drafted to set up
the famous Abingdon Gymkhana, otherwise known as when Main Street goes
awry.  I think I can participate in the Abingdon Trials Endurance Rally and
still do what's necessary for the Gymkhana.  I will however have to leave
quite early on Sunday morning, because I'm pledged to be event chair for an
SCCA autocross in Rantoul that day.  Nothing like a busy schedule and lots
of road miles to keep an MG happy.

For anyone still sitting on the fence, all pertinent details can be found
here:
    http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/abingdon
and in more than 20 web pages that follow.  Tech sessions and vendors will
abound, and if you're not into spit shine and polish car shows, at least
you can enjoy the Club Crawl amongst the multiple hospitality suites.  John
Twist will be the key note speaker at the awards banquet.  Hope to see you
there.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg