Re: @#%@^%!!!!

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: @#%@^%!!!!
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 10:19:58 -0700
Neil,

In all fairness to the shop, I would guess they did all of their measuring
to parts off the engine.  I'm not sure how a crank is balanced, but I doubt
if you can balance it while it is in the engine.  I would think that the
wrong sized main would have clued them to something being wrong, but maybe
they had the measurements for a Mk I and a Mk II and decided your engine
must be the one that goes with the main size.  I suspect that they will be
embarrassed and make everything right for you.  You will still have to get
the correct crank from your source and hope that they have one in stock.  Do
yourself a favor and cool off a bit before you call them.  A pissed off
customer doesn't get the same treatment as a calm customer.  It's not their
fault that you gave them the wrong crank, that's the other guys fault.  I
would think that they would catch it anyway, but that's the way it goes
sometimes.  Maybe the shop owner will make sure that everything is checked
more thoroughly from now on.

Good luck on your rebuild,

Dave 72 B