Re: Bonding fiberglas

To: Michael Singleton <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bonding fiberglas
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:02:58 -0600 (MDT)
> > "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"
> > Enzo Ferrari
>
> PS I find this a strange quote for people who have British Cars that have
> neither.

The quote makes a little more sense when you are putting an alluminum V8
into a B.

Thanks for the input, to answer a few of your questions/concerns I am
going throught the trouble of sealing the ductwork, this shouldn't be too
hard since it is a single 4bbl on the top of the engine.  The distributor
is mechanical so that eliminates that problem.  The headers will be
wrapped or coated to help with under hood temps but I may run some fresh
air in anyways.

As for the rest of you, thanks for the info, it seems everyone who
responded has a different thing to bond glass to metal or glass to glass.
I haven't picked one yet, I'll have to decide on if I want to do
glass/glass or glass/metal before I chose, but since I thought, and many
confirmed, either of the two combinations will work, it is just a matter
of me deciding how I want it done.  I will prbably end up glassing it just
to keep weight down for the open bonnet opperations, but that depends how
well I do with making fiberglass panels.  By all means keep the
suggestions coming, I appreciate it.

James Nazarian