Re: Photo quiz, is this an MGA clutch slave cylinder?

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Photo quiz, is this an MGA clutch slave cylinder?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:14:50 -0500
At 04:20 AM 7/14/2000 -0400, Trevor Boicey wrote:
>  Since the Magnette drivetrain is more or less MGA, I assume this is an
MGA slave cylinder, but before I order a kit, can somebody confirm or deny
what this slave cylinder is?

>http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/whats_this_slave_1.jpg
>http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/whats_this_slave_2.jpg

It is not an MGA slave cylinder.  I had to go grab one to be sure.  The MGA
part has the hose connection extending out the end of the housing rather
than out the side as on yours.  However, it is otherwise extraordinarily
similar.  Measure the bore of the cylinder.  The MGA part I have in my hand
is 1_1/4 inch bore size.  If (big if) yours is the same bore size
(probably) as the MGA cylinder, then the MGA rebuild parts WILL WORK.
That's a barneymg guarantee, and I'll buy your parts back if it doesn't.  ;)

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg