Re: can this be done? (c/b mgb question)

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <xirias@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: can this be done? (c/b mgb question)
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 09:24:54 -0400
Evangelos G. Makris wrote:

> I am thinking of buying a 1973 chrome bumper GT.
> Can I swap the existing (and original) grille, taillights and steering
> wheel
> for the equivalent parts from an "earlier", say 1966, year model?
>
> Regards
> Evangelos
 All but the wheel will bolt right into place but you might have to
change the entire steering column due to a couple of fitment problems.
You could however fit on a Moto Lita wood rimmed wheel and get away very
well with that. I don't what your plans are in reference to the whole
dashboard thing as that would stand out like a sore thumb.
Carl French
Carl