Re: OD Lube

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OD Lube
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:40:43 -0700
Ahh, interesting. I've always used 30wt, and I wondered why others used
multigrades. I thought maybe they were taking the "use engine oil"
instruction too literally, and therefore using exactly what was in their
engine. But the transmission wouldn't seem to benefit from multigrade oil
in the same manner as an engine, to my mind. Neither would the carb
dashpots, IMO, but I suppose it makes no real difference in this
application.

But anyway, why racing oil, particularly? Just higher quality?

Lawrie Alexander had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149