Re: Clutch stuck?

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Clutch stuck?
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:58:06 +0100
Hi.

Had this a few times, on Ford, Triumph, etc.

My method, which always worked for me, was to let the car tick over until it
is seriously hot, i.e. for a long time. Then, on a quiet road, start the car
in first and accelerate/decelerate with the clutch held down. If this
failed, running up to speed then braking hard usually did the trick.

Seems the heat was the key.

Good luck.

Dave H.

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.psychomotor.co.uk