Dieseling (AKA Running on)?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dieseling (AKA Running on)?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:26:54 -0400
I have the Midget finally running in good form. However one thing puzzles
me. After setting the timing, adjusting the Weber, replacing the coil,
plugs, wires, etc, and finally running the valves, it runs like it is
supposed to. Except for one thing. It diesels (runs on) after I shutoff
the ignition. I always thought that was mostly a timing issue. Or a
mixture adjustment. But I can not seem to get it to stop when I shut the
key off.

Any clues??

Thanks

Larry