Re: Concorde Crash

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Concorde Crash
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 12:45:07 +1000
> A little.  You're thinking of the Russian version that crashed, I think
> at the Paris Air Show.

There is some conjecture that the crash was caused by a French Jet Fighter
spying on the plane at the time. Apparently the Jet got in the way of the
Russian plane, and the Pilot had to make a desperate emergency manoeuvre to
try and avoid it. I can't remember the specifics, but they think the Pilot
then put the plane into a dive to increase air speed (to prevent a stall?),
unfortunately the dive was too steep and placed far too many G's on the
plane causing it to break apart in mid air as he tried to pull out of the
dive. Many people on the ground were killed.

Of course the French would never admit this, not to mention the Russians got
into the race to build the First Supersonic Jet Liner by stealing the plans
for the Concorde in the first place!

Cheers,
Neil