RE: Concorde Crash

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Concorde Crash
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 02:34:12 -0400
I think it was an LFA? (Large French Aircraft)
As far I read the newspaper this morning including a picture of the plane
while taking off it was Air France. The picture showed a long flame and
smoke coming from the
engine(s).
The crash possibly was caused by one engine being blown. As the engines are
mounted beside eachother, the plane becomes impossible to control, because a
blown engine easily can damage its neighbour engine.
A 747 has its engines more apart from eachother, although its no guarantee a
defect engine cannot affect the nearby engine as shown in the Amsterdam
crash a few years ago, where an Israel Jumbo lost one engine which hit the
second one leaving the plane only with two engines on one side.

Cheers,

Hans