RE: Ignition Coils

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: RE: Ignition Coils
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:03:00 -0600
>It seems a little odd to me that a MSD
>company official might imply that their own premium product is no better
>than the original equipment (although that may not have been the intention).

I don't think he was telling me all systems have the same output, I think he was
saying that with any given setup (or maybe just their system) the voltage "in"
doesn't change the voltage "out".

Seems that what you are saying is the higher output coils are a waste of money
unless you increase the gap of the plug.

What is the procedure for determining the maximum spark plug gap for any given
coil?

Larry Hoy