Re: Paint

To: lbprince@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Paint
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:54:26 -0400
Ben,
  I think you will want to make the determination of "best looking" for
yourself.  TFs were painted with older-technology paint.  If you like the
softer appearance of that, then most modern paints will have too much
harder, glossier appearance.  The colors used by MG were generally less
vivid than most used today.
  Though I happen to prefer the older colors, most owners use brighter
colors today.  If you have plans to sell the car within the next decade,
you might want to give additional points to the traditional colors. If
resale value is not a consideration, then any color that you like is the
best to use.
  As to the brands--anything that your paint shop prefers is best to use.
They all hold up wonderfully, particularly for a TF that's likely to
spend comparitively few hours out in the sun.
Bob
TD MkII