Re: Looking for MGB mags / race prepping

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for MGB mags / race prepping
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:11:07 -0700
Thanks to Ray Easterby who pointed me to British Racing Green:
 1 888  749-8033  /  BRGParts.com.

Who were able to get me a set of minilite replicas that take tapered lugs
for a good price.

I'm now looking for all of the other little bits and pieces needed for
making the car race legal for ICSCC rules. If anyone has any Trick Racing
Stuff (tm) lying around, let me know.  I'm especially interested in
window net/arm restraints, battery kill switch and though it isn't
required, I wouldn't mind installing a fuel cell.

It has also occured to me that
if I can find a steel bonnet (primrose yellow) for a reasonable price, that
it would be a good idea to stash my aluminum bonnet in the garage while
I'm actually playing fender to fender.

If anyone is interested in helping out, or just hanging out, my
track schedule will be:

August 12-13 teaching at Thunderhill (north of Sacromento)
Fri August 18 I'll be a student at the Team Continental drivers school
at PIR in Portland.

Labor Day Weekend (Sept 2-4) I hope to be driving in both the Vintage and
Production classes at the Team Continental race at Thunderhill.

Not quite race related, I'm planning on having a party on Sept 9th which
is the day before the Palo Alto Britcar meet.

 want to have profound thoughts and have other people implement them.- T. Bird
lrc@red4est.com                                     http://www.red4est.com/lrc