RE: Concorde Crash

To: "'John Macartney'" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Concorde Crash
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:54:48 -0700
John:

        Thank you for the update.  It illustrates how many are touched by
any tragedy.

        For some the flippancy may be a cover for deep feelings.  For my
part I am one who grew up with the development of the Concorde.  I have deep
concerns that this accident may also sound the death knell for a mechanical
masterwork.  I am afraid that more than humankind may have died in France.
No longer trendy, it will not take much to ground permanently the remaining
planes.  We who are involved with British cars should be the first to
understand the historical loss that can occur when a line is no longer
popular and profitable.

Kelvin.