Re: Wheel Bearing Replacement - Part 2

To: bkrueger@ici.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel Bearing Replacement - Part 2
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:54:23 EDT
In a message dated 07/30/2000 2:31:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
bkrueger@ici.net writes:

Da*n I hate to "have" to reply to defaming posts like this!!

<<      Ed Kaler, bless his ornery soul,>>

NOW, folks, THAT "IS" the pot calling the kettle black!!

<< called me last night, just moments after I'd posted the plea.>>

Yep.

<< He had pity on this poor amateur >>

Nope!!  Was PRAYING that ya had totally screww up the whole works and I could
sell ya several hundred $$$ of new parts, Bud!!  Geeesh!!

<<and gave me a good
 description of what I was looking at. >>

Nope, just explaind how and where to look.  Youse GOTTA get those TriFocals
looked at!!!

<< And, he paid for the call! >>

Nope.  Added to the outstanding Invoice for one brake line!!

<< That's great service. >>

Well, OK.  Gotta accept a "nice" word every now and then!

<< Thanks Ed.>>

My pleasure.

<<      Once I drifted out the metal-lipped seal the parts began to make
sense.
 None of the books give decent instructions for drifting out the old outer
races
 through the notches in the hub casting.>>

Reading Chilton??  Bentley does.

<< Fortunately, the new ones press in fairly easily once you get the castle
nut
 started. >>

DO NOT do that folks.  Should be "driven" or pressed into place.  Keep in
mind that a] Bud is an non-stereo-type engineer.
b] Bud is a Nor'easter.
c] Bud IS far to smart for his own good, and actually (non-engineerish) askes
questions.
d] Bud DOES inflate any and all responces.

           Ed

e] Despite all else, IS a nice Gent!!

PS:  Thanks for the kind words, Bud.