Re: car alarms?

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>,
Subject: Re: car alarms?
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:19:53 +0100
I opted for a system that warns potential scrotes that the car is alarmed
and hopefully moves them on to something else, rather than them finding out
my smashing a window, by which time it is worth their time grabbing whatever
it was they came for anyway.  I fitted a system with a dual-zone microwave
unit as well as ultra-sonics, shock-sensing, voltage-sensing, door
bonnet/hood and tailgate sensing and single-point imobilisation (fuel pump).
The dual-zone unit emits a warning beep if anyone strays into the outer zone
which extends for a foot or so (user adjustable) outside the perimeter of
the car.  If they get inside the inner zone (again user adjustable) i.e.
inside the car they get the full son et lumiere, including a screamer siren
under the dash as well as at the right/rear of the engine compartment.

PaulH.