Thanks, the Engine is Back In!

To: "MG List" <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks, the Engine is Back In!
From: "Randy Trautman" <trautman@nwlink.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:18:53 -0700
I just wanted to thank everyone on the list for the tips on installing
engines in B's.  Two friends came over this weekend and for the first
time in a very long time my 69 GT now has its engine back.

Once you get the angle right, it isn't too bad.  Three people worked
real well, one on the crane and one on each side.  A trolley jack
helps get the transmission over the cross member.  It looks real nice
in that pretty new engine bay.

Next up are all of the bits that hang on the outside and trying to
figure out a few more wires.  I've got a green one with a flat
connector that comes out of the pigtail that serves the alternator.
Any ideas?  And yes, I have RTFM!

Some folks have talked about the book "Original MG".  I purchased one
as a spontaious kind of thing and it turned out to be the mainstay of
the restoration.  The photos show a lot of good detail on how things
should go back together.  Besides a good manual, this can be the best
book you can buy.  You can never have too many books when putting a
car back together...

Randy
Gresham, OR