Re: Lunch: wednesday 2 august 2000, 11:45 AM

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Subject: Re: Lunch: wednesday 2 august 2000, 11:45 AM
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:23:17 -0700
On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 07:11:26PM -0700, Garner, Joseph P. wrote:
> Bugger, and here's me who has to go to work...
>
> Somehow i don't think that i could persaude anyone that driving 2 and a half
> hours, having lunch and driving back was a reasonable lunch break...
>
> ;-)
>
> maybe next time eh?

Or you could pick a time and place that would be relatively convenient
that you, and many of the rest of us could make it to, and declare
a fest for then and there.  If you are a little careful about the
time of day, you should be able to make Davis to Milpitas in a
little over an hour and a half (ask Jack at Mini Mania, he used to
commute from Davis to Milpitas).  When I was working in Los Gatos and
my fiancee was finishing her last year at Davis, I'd do LG to Davis
in two hours regularly.  Once I even made Santa Cruz to Davis in
two hours.

So, pick a day that you can bail from work early, and call a dinner
for that night.