Re: Air Nibbler

To: Jeff Fayne <fayne@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Air Nibbler
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:31:43 -0400
Jeff Fayne wrote:

> It was recommended to me NOT to use the nibbler on rusty parts, it's what
>wears
> it out. I'd definitely use one for trimming new sills and body parts
> (invaluable). Clean metal only!

  I agree that it probably wears faster, but the consumables are fairly
cheap.

  Around here the tips are $4 CDN ($2.75US?) and you can use each one
two or three times by rotating it around because it's always the same
side that cuts.

  The dies are about $15 CDN and I'm only on my second.

  I think the additional consumable costs are worth it for
cutting speed and precision on rusty metal, especially stuff
that's still attached to the car when you are trying to make
a clean line for patching but have to cut through crusty stuff
to get there.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca