Maine MG Event offer

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maine MG Event offer
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 20:54:59 -0400
Hi Ho All,
Next weekend is the New England MG Car Club's "Almost Downeast Lobsterbake" in
Eliot Maine (first exit off I-95 out of New Hampshire). I had anticipated the
usual 6 Long Island MG club members to join in but have come up short by one. If
anyone from the list would like to meet up with us along the way on Saturday and
make use of the extra room I have booked at the Kittery, ME Days Inn let me know
ASAP. You would need to get a pre-reg form in to go to Sunday's Lobsterfest but
I could e-mail over a form and phone # to call. We will be hitting the MA line
out of CT at around 11 AM on Saturday and then taking the "scenic route" up to
Maine. Expected hotel arrival time is 5-6 PM. After a quick hosing off of the
road dirt we're out to dinner. Sunday morn we leave Days Inn and take an approx.
5 mile ride over to the Eliot Boat Basin, where the Lobsterbake will be. Been to
3 of the last 4 of these and always enjoy. Usually pulls in 50 - 60 British cars
but the real fun is the food. $16 PP gets you a net of steamers and Lobster with
all the fixings. Steak is also an option for those non-shellfish folks. Time is
short on getting in on this so act quickly. The hotel room is $85 for the night,
which is dirt cheap for this area, this time of year. If I have no taker by
Tuesday evening I'll just cancel the room but wanted to try once more to get an
enthusiast into it.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch