MGA Misc.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Misc.
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 10:35:40 -0400
Thanks to those of you who responded to my steering wheel enquiries.
Read about Jeff Zorn's misfortunes on the way to  Dayton.   Three of us left
from the Toledo area (about about 45 miles south of Detroit) for Dayton at 8am
Sat. at a liesurely 60mph and arrived safely.   Saw Jeff's vendor tent there
but did not see him all day.   Guess he was taking care of his troubled MGA.
I have two further questions for the list:   a)  If I decide to mount a front
sway bar to the MGA, will I see a major contrast to the present handling
characteristics?   Should I also mount a rear sway bar?   b)   If all is in
order, what should my tach. reading be at 60 mph?   Mine is reading about 4300
rpm at 60mph.   The TD which accompanied us has had a rear end conversion
(MGA).   His tach. readings are lower than mine at the same speed.