Re: MGA Misc.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Misc.
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 18:28:43 +0000
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 10:35 AM 8/7/2000 -0400, Edwin McCarroll wrote:
> >....  a)  If I decide to mount a front sway bar to the MGA, will I
> > see a major contrast to the present handling characteristics?
>
> YES! And very much to the better.  The factory (late) optional 5/8"
> bar is okay for bias ply tires, but 3/4" is better for radial tires
> with the better grip.  For autocrossing on race tires you could use a
> 7/8" bar.

Oh and something I didn't mention (or see mentioned) is something people
may assume that you realise.  The ride will be, of course, much harsher
(rattling one's teeth - it was suggested to me).

Because I have stiffened up all of the suspension for racing, I assumed
this would be the case and rarely think about it - until I get on a
badly maintained road for any decent distance... THEN I think about it.

I trust you weren't hoping for a cushy ride!

Eric
'68MGB MkII