noodling a purchase

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: noodling a purchase
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:21:48 -0700 (PDT)
Since i am 3000 miles removed from my sigline baby, i have been noodling the
purchase of another LBC namely a 1970 MGB that is for sale in the local area,
car is complete and the engine has been apparently properly stored, drained
fill with oil etc.  the floor and sills would have to be replaced tho as it has
rusted through those areas, new pans and sills will set me back about 200 from
moss or vb, but not having yet seen the car i don't know what other problems it
may have.  car was purchased for a unspecified amount of restoration project
that the current owner never got to and was in fairly good shape at the time of
purchase, it simply has languished unattended to by the current owner who
wishes to get it out of the drive (was garaged up until a couple of months
ago).

other than the ususal rust spots (ie sills, floor pans, head lamp buckets) are
the b's subject to any other notorious rust spots, other than where the lucas
switches meet earth :).

any other things that might be not noticable unless you look for them?

asking price is 500...don't know if i can talk it down or not but will try
based on the information gathered.  dont' know the commission number yet.
neither did she :)

TIA

=====
larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979 spitfire fm99248u,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
"Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
"A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort" - herm albright

http://invites.yahoo.com/