MGA Misc.- cont'd

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Misc.- cont'd
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:37:52 -0400
Thanks to all who responded to my enquiries re. sway bar and tach. revs.
The rear end I checked out and found it to be a 4.33.    So why would the tach.
read ~4300 at 60mph, I asked myself, unless the the tach. is goofy.   To check
this I attached a meter and found to my surprise that both instruments were in
synch. at 1k, 2k, 3k, &4k revs.    Undaunted, I borrowed another electronic
instrument only to find the same story.    My intuition tells me that my car
tach. needs help, but can anyone explain what is going on with the meters?