Update on U-Joints....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Update on U-Joints....
From: DVCameron <dvcameron2@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 20:05:08 -0400
Well, I did take the shaft to a mechanic down the street, who charged me
$25 to get the old U-joint out. He actually had to cut the old joint with a
torch to get it out. He also obliterated (almost) all of my chalk
markings....I took the precaution of putting a few scratch marks in...so I
think I'm safe. Now...you guys are probably wondering....will he figure out
how to put the new ones in..? I realize now why a vice is needed. Shoulda
had the mechanic put the new joints in....but what's the fun in that?
Having no vice makes this all the more fun. I'm actually bringing the shaft
over to a friends house tomorrow, who has a workshop, vice and mechanic's
heart. Together we will brave the compelling (propelling?) world of U-Joint
replacement...ahh....renewal.

By the way, the pork was great, the brisket was fair to middlin, and it
didn't rain. All in all, not a bad day. My best to all - Doug

73 B, Boston