Philadelphia Motorsports Weekend

To: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Philadelphia Motorsports Weekend
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:11:30 EDT
Motorsports Weekend 2000

Mark your calendars and keep the weekend of August 25, 26, and 27 free!
The Philadelphia Region SCCA will be holding a Motorsports Weekend
with events all three days!

Friday evening, 8/25/00, from 7:00 p.m. 'til 9:00 p.m. bring your car to the
Roosevelt Mall at Cottman Ave. and Roosevelt Blvd. In Northeast Philly
for a Cruise Night!  Dave Nelson has some experience with car shows, so
he made the arrangements.  There will be NO CHARGE to bring your car
out and show it off.  Maybe we can attract some interest in our other events
by talking to car enthusiasts.  So wash the car, and bring your pictures to
share, and trophies to show off.  We'd like to have some track-only cars
trailered in as well.  No registration is necessary, just come out.

Saturday, 8/26/00, is "WhoDunIt 2000," our next RoadRally.  This will be a
75-mile gimmick rally in Chester County, Pennsylvania.  The start point is
in Phoenixville, behind the McDonalds Restaurant at Route 23 and 113.  This
is a game rally based on the board game Clue.  See if you can figure out who
killed the Rallymaster (Me!), where the murder took place, and what the
weapon was.  It will be a fun day, with lots of great scenery and twisty
country roads.  This event was made for top-down motoring!  Registration
opens at 10:00 a.m., first car off at 12:01 p.m.  $15.00 for SCCA or
Brandywine Motorsports Club members, $20.00 for non-members.
(Pre-registration is not required, so just come out!)

Sunday, 8/27/00, is Solo II event #9 at the Boeing Helicopter plant.
It wouldn't be a Philly Region Motorsports Weekend without an autocross.
Registration opens at 9:00 a.m.  Take exit #8 off of I-95 below the airport
and you can see the lot from there.  $15.00 for SCCA members, $20.00 for
non-members, $10.00 for non-comp runs after points runs.

Three days of car stuff!  We will also be giving out up to 50, three-part
magnetic dash plaques to commemorate the weekend.  You will get one part
for each event, and they all fit together.  Be early to register to make sure
you
get your dash plaque.  Consideration for the Solo II portion of the dash
plaque
will be given to people who have attended the other two events.
LIMIT 50 SETS!!!

Any questions?  Let me know.  More information and directions are available
on the RoadRally and Solo II events at www.autox4u.com.

Allen Hefner #51
Philly Region Rally Steward
1999 Regional Rally Achievement Award Winner!
'77 MG Midget (FSP)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (HS)
215-884-1163