Re: Spring sizes

To: wizardz <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Subject: Re: Spring sizes
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 18:52:44 -0500
  Have been waiting 'til I got done with my front end rebuild before
answering your post about front springs.  I rebuilt my '69 B's front end
on a different crossmember because the one on the car was damaged,
looked like a PO had driven it ove a hard stationary object and crunched
it in the middle.

  I used Moss's 263-375, 480 ft lb/in  "Stock" springs and V8 wishbone
bushings.  All the other springs they offered lower the car.  I wanted
to raise it.  I had previously installed new 6-leaf rear springs and the
car was a bit lower in the front as a result.  I hoped new springs in
front would level it out.

  My old springs are the same uncompressed height as the new ones.  I
hoped the new ones would be stiffer, resulting in a higher ride height.
Nope, the car is still ~ 1.5" lower in the front.  Now I have to figure
out how to raise the front end.  I'm still scraping the exhaust system
upon entering my driveway and other spots.  Grrrrr

 Wonder where I can get longer springs or shims, or????

  FWIW,

  CR