Who'll stop the rust?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Who'll stop the rust?
From: Brian Warmuth <warmuthb@vms.wlsc.wvnet.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:41:57 -0400
Walt:  Common problem is stopping "flash" rust after taking to bare
metal. Try using various preparatons sold at body shop supply
places...there is a 3-M product I use called "metal-prep" also a similar
(but stronger) product called "metal-clean" which works well. It coats
the bare metal with a phosphate coating which stops (at least for a
brief time) flash rusting.  Do try to keep the metal as dry as possible
after treatment, until painting/priming.

I also recommend using an Epoxy (two-part) primer like PPG's "DP-40" or
similar product.  You can also thin it differently and use as a sealer
if you want.

Just my .02  Standard disclaimers, no financial interest, etc...just
good products in my experience.

Brian Warmuth