Milestone

To: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Milestone
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:52:15 EDT
After finishing up my engine and gearbox rebuild two weeks ago and finally
getting my 1979 Midget back on the road, we had a momentous occasion
yesterday.

On our way back from the Abingdon Summer Party (I'm betting Barney is posting
reports on the event to the Chicagoland MG Club web page right now) yesterday
at 11:40am on US Routes 6 & 34 in Sheffield, Illinois we watched the odometer
roll over from 99999 to goose eggs. The Growler had 25,000 miles on it when I
bought it in 1981, and I had the immense fun of driving the other 75,000.

On to 200,000!

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA