Re: Time for weber tuning

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Time for weber tuning
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:47:58 -0700 (PDT)
> Isn't it time we started specifying which Weber (not
> just Don but all the
> respondents as well). As far as I understand it, the
> downdraft job a lot of
> American's fitted is tuned fairly easily with a
> mixture screw while the twin
> throat side draft carby, can only be tuned by
> changing jets and needs a
> rolling road (or a lot of time and a desire to test
> drive).

Yes, it would be nice to know which carb we are
discussing. The side draft DCOE does have an idle mix
adjust. When you adjust idle mix on any carb, you are
not really tuning it, you are just tuning part of it,
mostly just how it idles. The DCOE is just set up to
be very tunable, which scares folks. Other carbs are
just simpler, less tunable and have a set CFM.

http://www.alfadriver.com/tempo.htm#

http://www.webcon.co.uk/weber/40dcoe.htm

Now the real good stuff, how to tune it:

http://members.aol.com/dvandrews/webers.htm

jon

=====
This is my list only e-mail address and it may not be
checked regularly. For personal messages, please try
jonp@altavista.net which is normally checked Mon-Fri.

http://mail.yahoo.com/