RE: kingpin seals gone on 62A

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: kingpin seals gone on 62A
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:16:53 -0700
<<<snip>>>
You can increase your odds of achieving this unlikely event by first
placing a floor jack under the suspension arm, directly under the coil
spring, and lifting the wheel off the floor.  This unloads all of the
suspension joints except the inner lower a-arm pivot points.  Then when you
inject the grease there's no (or very little) mechanical load on the
joints, so it's more likely for the grease to find an easy flow route in
all directions at once.  Subjectively I believe this will increase your
odds of success from around 5% to about 25% for any one joint, but your
odds of success on four consecutive locations will still be in the single
digits.
<<<snip>>>

That's just the process I submitted to MGA! two years ago which was never
printed.  In fact I also suggested that after giving the joints a couple of
shots that the suspension be partiall lowered so the tire and hub are being
supported a little bit by the ground and giving it a little more grease.  The
idea being to shift the thrust on the threaded spindles to help get grease into
all areas.

Blake