RE: Stuck Hood Cable

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stuck Hood Cable
From: "J.R. Leach" <leachsr@idirect.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 01:03:30 -0400

> Subject: Re: Stuck Hood Cable
>

> I had this problem on my C.  After seeing another car.  I
> realised that the
> hood release cable ends in a loop of wire.

For a "back-up" hood release get some long, black wire ties, loop one
through the release cable loop and pull it tight. Connect the second wire
tie to the first to get lots of length and then tuck the loose end through
the grille mesh so you can access it from outside.
Make sure that the tie will pull at the proper angle which usually means the
tie will come through the grill close to the extreme edge of the grill mesh.

HTH

Jim L 74B