Radiator Repairs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator Repairs
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:25:55 +0000
Guys,

After doing that stupid thing I did with the worng radiator cap, I now
have a slight fracture around the base of the top pipe (where the top
hose fits) of my radiator.  If I can drop the water level a bit (yeah,
easy... just drive around the block a few times - but seriously it only
loses a little water out the fracture),

Is there any reason why I can solder up the fracture with the radiator
IN the car?   If I can drop the water level a bit to stop too much of
the heatsik effect, it should be able to be soldered in situ, eh?

The fracture ain't too great - it only loses a little water after heavy
driving... but it DOES lose water and I have a SIX HOUR relay race this
weekend that will require me to do more than just 4 lap sprints.

I ask because a couple of places have asked that I remove the radiator
and get it to them for repair.

Eric
'68MGB MkII