Re: Radiator Repairs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radiator Repairs
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 00:09:17 +0000
George wrote:

> Don't over analyse this, it's nothing more than plumbing.  You
> wouldn't take all of the pipes out of your house to fix ar add
> something then put it back fully assemballed would you?

My three concerns were:

1) Saving money (if the radiator should come out, then *I* would take it
out and put it back in).

2) Saving time and effort (if the radiator didn't have to come out, then
I wouldn't waste time doing it - or let someone charge me for doing it).

3) If I could easily do it (successfully) myself - then even better.

Well, as usual, I have run out of time on this one.  The first attempt
at the weekend was a failure as it appears I needed a bigger, stronger,
hotter flame.

Now, with our six hour relay on Sunday I can't afford to have the repair
fail on me, nor have I got the time to "suck it and see" if I can do it
properly this time.

So I will hand it (and a small portion of my wallet) over to an expert
somewhere - we ain't talking Fort Knox money here - and pick it up ready
to race confidently (blind faith just about covers the way I rely on my
poor old car at the moment when racing, anyway:-)

Thanks for all the suggestions on and off list.

Next time, eh?  If I had an extra weekend then I would have done it
myself.

Eric
'68MGB MkII