Re: 78 MGB-4-way Harzards

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 78 MGB-4-way Harzards
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:49:55 +0100
You lose the turn signals because switching the hazards on disconnects the
turns, so that is normal.  The hazards have their own in-line fuse - which
confusingly is brown both sides.  This goes direct to the flasher unit, then
a light-green/brown looks like it goes through a multi-plug to the hazard
switch.

First check you have 12v on both sides of the hazard flasher.  If it is
neither check the fuse.  If on the brown only the hazard flasher has had it.
If on both check the light-green/brown at the hazard switch.  If it is not
there check the multi-plug, sometimes a pin can become dislodged.  If it is
on the switch the switch is faulty, try opening it up and cleaning it again.

PaulH.