Re: SU's running rich, leaner needles? 70 MGB

To: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU's running rich, leaner needles? 70 MGB
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:12:13 +0100
You might like to have a look at a list of needles on the web site below -
select 'Spanners' and 'SU Needles'.

Is the shoulder on the needle flush with the base of the piston?  Are you
sure the jets are fully up i.e. can you see them sticking up above the
bridge?  have you tried ignoring the Colortune for the moment and just
monitored the revs as you wind both jets up and down (together)?

AUD405 should have AAE needles, if you have those and still can't get the
correct idle mixture then something else is wrong which ought to be sorted
before you go trying different needles.

PaulH.