RE: Palo Alto British Meet

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: RE: Palo Alto British Meet
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:08:31 -0700
Dodd, Kelvin had this to say:

>Max:
>
>       I believe the car you are describing was my 65 MGB.  It was running
>on 4 cylinders till I hit Hwy 17 during rush hour.  Then one valve packed
>up.  Luckily it broke free again somewhere near Salinas.  The head on the
>car had been badly cracked for about 5 years, hence the shoe box over the
>distributor.  The rear re-configuration of the car was by VW bus.  The front
>by Hereford cow.  I drove the car for the rest of the season, then it met
>it's maker (so to speak).  Many of its parts continue to live on in various
>other cars.

"Met its maker" is apt, considering that the Abingdon factory has also
shuffled off this mortal coil...

No offense meant, of course... I was actually impressed by the driver's
fortitude at the time, not having given up and called AAA...

Are you going to make it to Palo Alto this year?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149