RE: Palo Alto British Meet

To: "'Max Heim'" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: RE: Palo Alto British Meet
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:50:20 -0700
Max:

        I believe the car you are describing was my 65 MGB.  It was running
on 4 cylinders till I hit Hwy 17 during rush hour.  Then one valve packed
up.  Luckily it broke free again somewhere near Salinas.  The head on the
car had been badly cracked for about 5 years, hence the shoe box over the
distributor.  The rear re-configuration of the car was by VW bus.  The front
by Hereford cow.  I drove the car for the rest of the season, then it met
it's maker (so to speak).  Many of its parts continue to live on in various
other cars.

        Even as smashed up as it was, it was wonderful driving down the 101
on Sunday evening at sunset with the wind in what was left of my hair.

Kelvin.